Hello Dunmoore Members,
Firstly, thank you for your patience and understanding during these very challenging times. We hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy.
We have wonderful news for you - the nets are up at Dunmoore so tennis will finally be back in our lives, but in a limited capacity.
In order to open Dunmoore Tennis, the Executives have had to ensure some stringent guidelines are followed by participants in the wake of the pandemic. A waiver has been created (attached) that details all the additional rules to abide by for play.
1. Physical distancing must be maintained at all times. There are to be no crowds at the club and the bleachers will be restricted.
2. Only singles tennis will be permitted until we are told otherwise by the City (there will not be any league, teams or social events for the time being).
3. Members are asked to wait for a court to open up and remain outside the club. The 30 minute rule will still apply (i.e. the court that has been occupied the longest by players will have to leave 30 minutes after they have been advised by players waiting for a court).
4. Each member will be asked to review, sign and return the attached waiver to the Club Secretary at email@example.com. You can either print it off and sign it, scan or take a picture of the signed waiver and email it back or mail/hand deliver it (address upon request).
5. Once your signed waiver has been received, you will receive the new gate code. This code is for your use only – please do not pass it out to others.
6. Once you have used the court, we need members to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information. This is mandatory information requested by the City of Pickering:
- First & Last name of members on the court
- Arrival & Departure time on the court
- Date on the court
7. Members are required to sanitize their hands prior to entering the gate code and opening/closing the gate and when possible, sanitizing any surface they have touched. Members will be asked to bring any supplies they require with them.
8. Members will need to bring home any recycling or garbage with them. Garbage cans and recycling bins will not be available. Any forgotten items will be thrown out (with the exception of tennis bags of racquets).
9. Members will NOT be allowed to bring any guests with them to the club.
10. Public washrooms will remain closed for the time being.
11. Anyone exhibiting respiratory symptoms on the courts should leave immediately.
Any violation of the above rules will put you at risk of having your membership suspended and possibly revoked.
We understand that these conditions are not ideal but the safety of all members is priority for the Executive and the City. Let's all work together to keep everyone safe and healthy.
If you hold a valid 2020 Dunmoore Membership (Adult, Junior or Family), your 2020 Membership will carry over into 2021. This will also apply to League and Team fees as we do not anticipate that there will be any organized play this season.
You can register on-line if you haven’t already done so. Click below link to get started:
If you would like a refund, Membership fees will be fully refundable only until July 1, 2020 for this season. You must request a refund before July 1 via email to email@example.com. If you decide to remain a member, a confirmation email will be forwarded to you stating that your membership payment will be held over for the 2021 season.
We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during these difficult times.
Dunmoore Executive Committee